CUSTOMER FOCUS PLENARY
Why do some brands evoke a strong emotional tie, and others don’t? Ahead of the 2017 Loyalty Magazine Awards, Annich McIntosh highlights some of the best and most innovative customer loyalty schemes in the world from the last twelve months, why they worked, and what you can learn from their success.09:05
• Sharing data to operationalise it effectively: what, how, and who with
• Implementing functional work flows between divisions
• Who should talk first in a crisis, and how does that affect the outcome? PR vs Comms vs Marketing vs Customer Service
Customers don’t think about how they are communicating with a brand; they talk to them how, when and wherever they see fit. Yet businesses continue to organise themselves around channels. Only by thinking beyond channels – realising that a customer journey isn’t a fixed process and by acknowledging that the customer is in charge – can brands truly engage with their customers.
In this session we’ll explain the limitations with multi-channel strategies, introduce the customer-managed journey concept and look at who’s doing it right.10:35
In this session we’ll explore how brands need to listen to all of their stakeholders – employees, prospective employees and customers alike – to truly differentiate.11:30
• Identifying and tracking indicators of good customer service
• Shedding light on customer experience quality in order to inform consumer decision making
• Incentivising providers to compete on quality of service
• Beyond the bots: how to make sure every customer gets a personal approach
• Developing social platforms into a timely, accurate, one-stop-shop
• Maintaining a personal relationship, as an airline, with customers using technical tools such as bots and AI
• Authentically associating your brand with relevant cultural topics to reach new audiences
• Turning marketing into a revenue generator with branded content that caters to current consumer interests
You have a great brand and you’re looking to expand internationally. You’ve already decided which countries you’re going to target, but getting from A to B successfully takes more than a plane ticket. Just as success is spelled differently in different languages, your international expansion will require more than just one social media plan. So how can you make sure your expansion pays off? In this session, you’ll discover the 10 steps you need to take to properly launch your international social media campaign; it will cover research, strategy, copywriting, the finer details of execution and reporting.15:50
• Proving content drives an emotional connection to brand and therefore revenue: Google’s new metrics
• Connecting content to commerce: measuring ROI
• Tracking consumer experience and ROI on social media, compared to voice/e-mail interactions
• Using industrial data from connected devices to understand how people live and interact
• Democratizing data – putting it in the hands of marketeers and product managers
• Getting feedback directly from your consumers
• Implementing a web-based complaints handling tool: the challenges and benefits
• What improvements on response times and satisfaction rates can you expect to achieve?
• Improving case tracking to cut down on overlooked complaints
• Using A.I. channels for both customer and staff: what app is right for your business and customer base?
• Understanding and meeting customer expectations placed on both automated and human touchpoints
• Does the technology actually benefit the customer? What is the value-add to the business?
AI and robots are about to take all our jobs – that’s been the worry abut automation for the past 200 years. But they are about to replace the contact centre? This presentation examines:
• Changing hiring procedures to focus on professional career candidates, not temporary staff
• Onboarding and succession planning for long-term training and service
• Developing specialist agents to resolve the issues that automated and self-service systems can’t address
* even if you’d rather not…16:15
• Developing online chat and multi-channel agents
• Developing staff empowerment: monitoring and feeding back performance quality and customer journey enhancement options
• What will you need to invest in to develop customer service as a business differentiator?